PDA

View Full Version : Yet another SKS question

Casp_A
September 20, 2004, 11:53 PM
Okay, so you know those NORINCO 20 round fixed mags for the SKS? Are those legal in Cali? I figured it's not too far-fetched of a question, since it's a fixed mag, but I won't be supprised if they aren't. On that note, is the Marlin 60 legal here?

Also, where can they be found, for how much, and how well do they function, if anyone knows?

Casp_A
September 22, 2004, 06:30 PM
Self-bump...

Does anyone have anything to say about these?

Jamie Young
September 22, 2004, 08:27 PM
That you'll probable have to do some filing to get them to fit.

That they aren't as proven as the fixed 10rd mags.

Nobody tried to make the Garand a 10rd or 15rd gun and I don't think anyone should use anything but the 10rd fixed mag in the SKS.

BUT!!! I have had good experiences with the Zytel 30rd mags but never anything else.

saands
September 23, 2004, 07:10 PM
Sorry to be the one to say it, but the 20's (or any mag over 10 rounds) would make your SKS an Assault Weapon in Cali ... so that is a no-go. Just for thoroughness, any removable mag (even a 5 rounder) does the same. SKS in Cali must have fixed 10 rounder installed.

Solution: buy stripper clips and get proficient ... they work just as well anyway!

Saands

Casp_A
September 23, 2004, 08:17 PM
Dangit, oh well. I'm quite proficient with clips, but I was thinking of the fixed 20-rounder for another project my mind pumped out, which can be summed up by one simple photoshop image:

http://img86.exs.cx/img86/7391/skspistolidea.jpg