View Full Version : License to use class 3

Bazzooka Joe
December 15, 2002, 12:07 AM
I am a special effects artist working in the Phil area. I have a manufactures license for high explosives. Most of what I do are pyrotechnics. I'm often asked to provide Blank firing prop guns. These guns start out as real ones so they have to follow the same rules. To rent these, I have to have them sent to a holder of an FFL. I pick them up at the gun shop. I can't rent full auto guns. I'm thinking of getting an FLL. Will it allow me to pick up and use class3 weapons. I don't plant to sell them. Rent them, use them on the set, and send them back. I can use an FLL to buy and sell guns, can I perches class 3 weapons with this license for a business or my own use.. Please let me know. Thanks

December 15, 2002, 12:45 AM
An FFL probably won't work with what you are trying to do, especially with NFA weapons. To start out, here is some information on NFA/Class 3 firearms and licenses. Give it a read.