PDA

View Full Version : Ruger revolvers

Ben Shepherd
December 7, 2002, 04:50 PM
I've been working on a collection of stainless ruger revolvers for years now.

I just purchased a stainless 41 mag redhawk. It joins its 357 brother, and the collection is complete. These two were fairly hard to find, and I get offers to sell constantly.

I shoot all of my guns, roll 95% of my own ammo, and enjoy pushing things(with a healthy dose of caution) with my magnum sixguns.
I'm just wondering if the unmentionable happens, how rare are these guns?

Please leave out warnings on unsafe practices, as I am well aware of the inherent risks in reloading, and (knock on wood) haven't had an accident in 15+ years of loading.

Out of curiousity, does anyone have, or know where I can find out exactly how many of these were produced?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

James K
December 8, 2002, 12:42 AM
Not many Rugers are really hard to get except the Hawkeye and it was not made in stainless. A few of the guns with 10" barrels get pricey, but you should be able to get about anything Ruger ever marketed in the pistol line for under a grand if you don't insist on NIB. Most will come in under half that. Your Redhawks run around $500-525 in 100%.

Sorry, but I don't have a breakdown on numbers by caliber; Ruger should know.

FWIW, I doubt anyone here is going to lecture you about reloading as most of us stuff our own.

Jim

Ben Shepherd
December 9, 2002, 09:48 AM
Thanks Jim.

It looks like the price was right. It's so close to 100% that the cylinder doesn't even have a full drag line yet.

From what I've read, the hardest one to find that I have is a 10.5" 44 mag blackhawk.

James K
December 11, 2002, 12:10 AM
You are right, Ben, and those 10" barrels are the most expensive of the "common" Rugers. They usually sell for $1200 or a bit more in top condition.

Jim

Ben Shepherd
December 11, 2002, 08:53 AM
I am careful with it.
But it is still a shooter.
I don't own any safe queens.

When I shoot the standard Kieth load at the range, you ought to see some of the looks I get.:D

Poeple come over "Da**, where did you get that monster?" or "Who the he** needs something like that?"