PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Full?

rhedley
November 11, 2002, 02:08 PM
Kahr PM9

Check out the height before deciding....

http://www.fototime.com/4FEDE8FF17AE6D7/standard.jpg

stickslinger
November 11, 2002, 07:10 PM
Isn't the PM9 the same size as the MK9? I was seriously considering one when they first came out until I stuck one in my pocket at a local gun show. That's a lot to fit in my pocket.

rhedley
November 11, 2002, 07:18 PM
stickslinger

MK9 & PM9 are the same size. We all need bigger pockets

:)

KSFreeman
November 11, 2002, 07:46 PM
Or, we could just leave them on the belt!;)

rhedley
November 11, 2002, 09:06 PM
Belts are for keepin' your pants up, pockets are for carryin' stuff !! :) :cool:

Erik
November 12, 2002, 01:55 AM
PM9s:

Perfect for virtually any jacket pocket.

Good for many pants pockets; and ankles; and lower abdomens.

Master Blaster
November 12, 2002, 08:23 AM
Get new pants with bigger pockets.

Lee dungarees/ carpenter jeans, Sonoma carpenter jeans.

Dockers or Lee docksides.

Dockers with the Cargo pockets.

I take my G-26 with me to see if the pockets fit before I buy any pants these days.

:)

SAWBONES
November 12, 2002, 09:24 AM
Very nice holster, Mr. Hedley.

The Kahr PM9 carries MUCH easier than the MK9 in a front pants pocket, due mostly to the weight difference.
The MK9 feels like a brick in the pocket, while the PM9 is much less noticeable.

I've had both guns (sold the PM9), and have tried carrying them in one of Ken Null's shell cordovan pocket holsters made for the MK9.
The PM9 and MK9 are dimensionally similar, but by no means identical. Aside from lack of parts interchange (significant differences in internals), the dust cover of the PM9 is notably thicker than on the MK9, so many holsters which are made for the MK9 WILL NOT accomodate the PM9.

The PM9 is certainly "doable" for pocket carry, but still not as concealable or comfortable as a J-frame Smith in a proper (Lou Alessi, in my case) pocket holster.

Best.

rhedley
November 12, 2002, 09:34 AM
SAWBONES

The PM9 and MK9 are dimensionally similar, but by no means identical. Aside from lack of parts interchange (significant differences in internals), the dust cover of the PM9 is notably thicker than on the MK9, so many holsters which are made for the MK9 WILL NOT accomodate the PM9.

I have noted, thanks