PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the HK USC 45?

Spirex288
January 17, 2000, 07:06 PM
I *think* this carbine is new on the market. Today was the first time I saw it.
Looks sort of like the SL-8 but much smaller (better looking IMO) and shoots the .45
Made me drool for a while. One gunshop was asking $1215 for it.
What do you think about this rifle?

Cawdor
January 17, 2000, 09:47 PM
It has been discussed over at HK Pro. (http://www.unsuave.com/~hkpro/phorum/list.php3?num=2) The price you saw is average. The first ones were selling for $1300 to $1400.

Russell
January 18, 2000, 01:01 AM
I saw the USC-45 next to the LEO/Military UMP-45 it is based on at a gun show. Compared to the real thing the USC-45 sucks. I think you'd be better off getting a .45 upper for an AR since you can get converted tommy gun mags to use in them. The USC-45 has only 10 round mags available to the general public. But if you're a die hard HK fan get one.

Spirex288
January 18, 2000, 11:48 AM
I'm not much of a HK fan so this was something new to me. I checked out HK Pro and the posts there were filled with negative comments. This styling is new to me and I kinda like it. Probably something good to have in the collection.

Mute
January 18, 2000, 12:26 PM
My friend bought one to beat SB23 here in KA. Only difference between this model and the legitimate one is the PC stock (like the one on the SL8),the longer barrel and the single stacked magazine. It still appears to be a fine piece though. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

It looks to be a update of their MP5 design. However, this design was designed from the ground up for the .45 ACP instead of taking an MP5 and changing it to fit the .45 ACP.

My friend paid $1200 for his.

pete80
January 18, 2000, 02:32 PM
Maybe if HK entered this thing in the market with a $500-600 price tag, it would be worth it.

Jake 98c/11b
January 22, 2000, 07:50 PM
The one I saw at the shot show left me unimpressed. I can't see why anyone would spend that much on one, honestly what do you get for the money. You can do a lot more for less money, seems kinda pointless if you ask me. As I understand it it has nothing in common with the MP-5.

Cawdor
January 22, 2000, 08:02 PM
Bachman's (http://www.bachmangun.com) was selling the USC for $995 at the gun show in Houston today.

LOCHFAL
January 22, 2000, 08:41 PM
I just saw one at the show in Denver this afternoon. I thought it looked cool but I wouldn't want to pay what they want for it, I think it was around $1150.00, cant remember for sure since I didn't want it very bad. I'd much rather get an UZI Carbine or convert an AR15 to shoot .45.

Gopher
January 23, 2000, 12:10 AM
Saw one at Dallas Market Hall last weekend going for $850. Kinda neat gun but if your stuck with 10 round mags why bother?

Glenn E. Meyer
January 23, 2000, 01:39 AM
I've seen them in San Antonio and my thought
as with all the new HK plastic guns is that they look like the case in which you find the real gun. Too big! Also, the price is
extreme. They can't cost that much to make.

Is the price so high so that they don't become weapons that can be afforded by the common man. I got a reasonable job but I'd have to really think about that one.

I think that if someone besides Ruger made a reasonably priced 223 they would clean up.

J Digetty
August 12, 2005, 11:07 AM
I dont know if anyone else will read this after being posted so long ago, but I wanted to add my couple pennies.
I did get the chance to shoot the USC .45, and I fell in love. I have never been a real big fan of any arms maker, and still dont have a preference, but if I had to choose between the M16, the M4, or the USC 45, I would definitely go with the usc 45. if you are looking for a rifle to shoot distant targets, however this is NOT the one you need. it is more of a short range closer quarters rifle, wheras the M4 or the M16 is more accurate for hitting distant targets. Just my unprofessional opinion, and thanks for reading.

TX_RGR
August 13, 2005, 12:55 PM
When I first started reading this thread, I was like, :confused: :confused: :confused:

Then I caught the last post and realized it was a very old thread. That explains some of the comments a little better. Of course a lot has changed since that first post, esp. the price. It was modeled after the UMP not the MP5, and there are now 30 round single stack grease gun mags available, as well as short barrels, and ump lowers. Of course, by the time you get done converting this thing into the gun it was supposed to represent, you will have paid about 6 times what law enforcement pays for the original, and you are still not full auto.

Having said all that, it is incredibly accurate within 50 yards, and is a lot of fun to shoot. I think it makes an ideal HD weapon for smaller females to handle easily in place of a shotty or large frame pistol, which can be unwieldy, even for a lot of males.

It shoots a large pistol caliber round with very little recoil, and handles easily. As an actual improvement over the UMP, the 16" barrel gives this rifle some decent legs as well. It is light and handy, and my wife, who isn't much of a shooter, loves to shoot it, and may shoot it better than me. Rapid fire she took out the center of the target at 15 yards. Not too bad.