View Full Version : C+R's with high-cap mags

September 4, 2002, 04:51 PM
If your C+R piece (PPSh or Suomi, to be extreme with 71-rd mags) comes with a high-cap mag, but your state has a ban on high-caps in modern guns at least, can you keep the C+R/mag ??
Always wondered about that.

James K
September 5, 2002, 12:33 AM
Depends on your state law. In Maryland, possession of magazines over 20 rounds is grandfathered, but they can't be bought, sold or transferred in state, which includes having one shipped in. The C&R status of the gun has no bearing on the magazine law, and most states don't even recognize the Federal C&R designation, which is only applicable to transfer across state lines. (Again, in MD, a C&R licensee can receive a C&R gun from out of state, but cannot transfer it on a C&R license within state, even to another C&R licensee. To the state, it is an individual sale.)


September 5, 2002, 02:37 PM
Thankfully, PA actually knows what a C&R is, and it's legal for me to transfer them in or out of state. :)