PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get magazines for Marlin 80dl (.22)?

cornered rat
March 4, 1999, 08:28 PM
I just spent $50 on an old ugly bolt-action .22 with an adjustable aperture sight. I wonder how old it is...

Any idea where I can get spare magazines for it?

cornered rat
March 4, 1999, 09:15 PM
Interesting...a closer look revealed that someone had machined the regular sights right off the barrel and added some sort of an aperture sight...and the aperture insert is missing. What I have is an impovised ghost ring...I wonder just how much that limits accuracy....target acquisition has certainly improved.

7-round box magazine, passable trigger...hmmm, I like it for $50, incomplete sights and all.

Found 7-round magazines, new from Marlin at 9.50, ordered two. That would give me three: enough to last. Unlike newer Papoose (which qualifies as the worst .22 rifle I ever used), this one is very robust...dirty, but I cleaned it a little and will do better after first range day.

[This message has been edited by cornered rat (edited March 04, 1999).]

fal308
March 5, 1999, 10:17 AM
cr
The 80dl was made between 1940 - 1965. Will see if I can dig up more info if you want.

cornered rat
March 5, 1999, 10:45 AM
If you can, please do. I like the rifle, it feels MUCH more solid and reliable than newer, prettier models. It balances well and I intend to shoot it lots...wonder if the improvized ghost ring would enable me to hit anything with it...

Any advice on removing thick grease and rust specks?