View Full Version : rifle gauge,.303

June 24, 2002, 11:26 AM
G.P.C. is sold out the NO 4 MK 1 rifle gauge,anyone have one they want to sell?

George Stringer
June 25, 2002, 07:50 AM
Zot, I 'm not sure I know what you're talking about. What does the rifle gauge do or gauge? George

June 25, 2002, 10:10 AM
I guess its a field head space gauge?

June 29, 2002, 11:31 AM
George, I believe its for measuring throat erosion, like those for M1 Garand/M14 and AR15s.

George Stringer
June 30, 2002, 07:44 AM
Zot, I've been looking and I don't find it anywhere. You might check with Brownells. Since the "order girls" probably won't know what you are talking about without a stock number you want to talk to the tech support staff. George

June 30, 2002, 10:26 AM
I went to a Enfield site, at Brownells they have 2 companies ,I
picked Forster, and only bought the the Field Gauge,G.P.C.
sells 0 thru 3 bolt heads,I bought a 0 and 1,I hope this Gauge comes with easy insructions.

Product Retail Price Your Price Qty.
319-418-240 Forster Headspace Gauge, .303 British, GO $20.50 $13.67
319-418-241 Forster Headspace Gauge, .303 British, NO-GO $20.50 $13.67
319-418-242 Forster Headspace Gauge, .303 British, Field $20.50 $13.67

July 2, 2002, 08:39 PM
Buy some bolt heads in the different (length) sizes and put the longest one on that still allows you to close the bolt without using excessive force. That's one of the really great things about the No.4 design.