PDA

View Full Version : Mauser Pull Bolt

danl
January 17, 1999, 08:26 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the new
Mauser Pull bolt guns. I saw them this weekend at a show and they are a great looking gun. I'm thinking of buying one this
week for an elk hunt. Also I'm trying to decide between a 7mm mag and a 300 mag. Which would be the best choice?

ShadedDude
January 17, 1999, 10:06 PM
I havent shot one but I played with one, I liked the idea, and it seemed to function well.

Far as caliber I have always been partial to .30 so I would say .300 mag.

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Rob Pincus
January 18, 1999, 06:01 AM
AIIIEEE! .. so glad I caught this one on my way through town. A friend from the NRA was down in Texas at a hunt with me earlier this year. He and his pal each had one of those suckers (one in 7mm RM and the other in something else, I think .30-06 ??).. The gun that was in the "somehting else" caliber Slam fired right in front of the guide and two hunters., when it did so, the bolt was terminally damaged and the bottom of the scope was pelted with shrapnel (indicating that the action may not have been closed). The guy closing the bolt received some small cuts on fingers.

The other gun (which was bought at the same time, directly from the distributor at a previous SHOT Show) was reportedly retired instantly, though it had been "sticky" (in the words of the owner) and hard to operate....

OTOH- Run a Search for "Blaser" on this forum if you are really interested in having a straight pull that is high quality.

------------------
-Essayons

danl
January 18, 1999, 07:39 AM
Thanks Rob , you might have saved me some anger and pain. As great as the gun felt and operated, I was worried about something like this.

Rob Pincus
January 18, 1999, 09:54 AM
No prob.. just relating an expereince.. maybe hte gun is great, but I certainly wil never have one in my collection.

Good Luck.

------------------
-Essayons

4V50 Gary
January 18, 1999, 01:11 PM
If you don't want the straight pull, Mauser also markets a nice little tin of Hustenbonbons. It's about the size of a can of chewing tobacco and has an old Mauser ad showing the pipe smoking hunter with his Mauser and his dogs. The label reads, "Tradition, Prazision und Ergonomie: Jagdwaffen von Mauser." The german is simple enough for everybody to translate on their own.

BTW, they're cough drops.

ShadedDude
January 18, 1999, 03:47 PM
Answers that :)

BTW, Rob, when you gonna send me your Blaser to play with? ;)

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Rich Lucibella
January 21, 1999, 08:45 PM
danl-
Thanks very much for taking the time to repost the thread here. We are in your debt.
Rich Lucibella

Inspector Callahan
December 2, 2002, 08:29 PM
What ever happened to these rifles? My bro-in-law aquired one in .270 and really likes it. I can't find one anywhere.

What's the deal?