PDA

View Full Version : Swift Scopes

JBP
December 16, 1998, 02:03 PM
I'm on the waiting list at the local gun shop for the new Ruger 10/22 Magnum. I'm looking at different scopes and just got an e-mail from E. Arthur Brown on two different Swift scopes: 6-18X44mm, Includes SunShade/Target Knobs - $129.95; 4-12X50mm, Top Quality All Around Hunter - $144.95

I've never heard of this scope before. Anyone familiar with them?

4V50 Gary
December 16, 1998, 10:38 PM
They've been around since the '80s and still have trouble squeezing into the market. I have a Swift 15x60 telescope which I bought back in the mid '80s. It has double images even though I sent it to the factory warranty station. Don't know if the scopes are any better. My last rifle scope and spotting scope are both Leupold.

wolfz
December 23, 1998, 11:56 PM
I've used Swift scopes on everything from a .44 Redhawk to a .300Mag with nary a problem (well except for the time I rested my T/C .44 on the top of my truck bed without support, but then the same day I trashed a T/C scope, OK I'm slow to learn). Bottom line they make scopes in the same price range as Tasco, Simmons, and B&L, but at higher quality. Also, they replaced my "shaken" scope with a new one without a comment.