View Full Version : Mauser M96 straight pull

March 28, 2002, 01:00 PM
Is there any way to change this blind magazine to an un-blind, hinged floor plate variety? Or is it just more trouble than it's worth?

I really like this rifle, but I'm thinking that I kinda like Browning's new straight pull bolt action better, so maybe this is a good excuse to buy a new gun? :D

George Stringer
March 29, 2002, 08:01 AM
Mainspring, just about anything like that can be done if you are willing to pay for it. The triggerguard/floorplate would probably have to be custom made and I think that might be fairly expensive. George

April 1, 2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the input George. I appreciate it.

Joe Portale
April 3, 2002, 10:23 PM
I think that Brownells carries what you are looking for. Check out their webpage www.brownells.com. I'm pretty sure it was them where I saw it.

April 8, 2002, 09:49 AM
Thanks Joe,

I took a look there, it looks like all they've got is stuff for the (18)96 and the 98. My rifle is, I suppose, considered a (19)96...a straight pull bolt action hunting rifle. The bolt handle is on a cam of sorts, but the motion is much the same that one would use to charge an M60 machine gun.

Thanks for the input, though. If I missed something, please let me know.

April 24, 2002, 07:57 PM
Mainspring, If you come across anything on this please let me know. My wife has a M96 straight-pull and this would be a nice modification. Thanks.

April 25, 2002, 06:51 AM

I'd be glad to pass this info along...presuming that I can ever find any.