The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 21, 2001, 06:17 PM   #1
cwalker3

Tac light for 20 gauge

I'd like to put a tactical light on my Winchester 1300 Defender. Since it's a 20 gauge, I haven't been able to find a light to fit. Surefire doesn't make one. Any suggestions?
Old November 21, 2001, 10:45 PM   #2
Rob62

Not a fancy fix but it will work.

You can make an Insight Technologies M3 light mount on the fore end.

Purchase a long Weaver scope base and attach to the bottom front of the fore end, or side if you prefer. I used a combination of a screw and bedding compound to attach mine. So far this mount has held very well and you can very easily slide the M3 or similar light on and off of the base.

Takes up virtually no room on the fore end, costs very little to put on, and lets you take the light off when not needed. By doing the work carefully you can even set it up to shine the light beam to the point of aim for your shotgun. Something which my Surefire $170 fore end light (On a Rem 870 12 ga) will not do.

Rob
Old November 22, 2001, 12:28 PM   #3
hasher

I put a light mount on my 1300 by using a mount made by Quick 2 See. Louis Awerbuck turned me on to this in one of his classes. It uses a bayonet type mount (mount it facing the rear) and it comes with a thing tht clamps on your Ssurefire which allows it to clip on the gun in about 2 seconds. I used one for the Rem 870 on my 20 ga 1300 and It works like a champ. I just need to figure out how to get better patterns.

Hasher
Old November 23, 2001, 04:28 PM   #4
cwalker3

Thanks for all the input. Does anyone know of a supplier for the Quik2see mounts? Their websit is under construction and I can't find them at any other supplier.