The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 9, 2001, 10:26 AM   #1
pax

calendar

Hi Rich and all,

I really like the calendar function, but there's a couple problems with it IMHO.

One, it's not getting used enough. Right now there's a couple "Let's Get Together" type threads in Lock & Load without corresponding entries in the calendar. Is it possible to put in some sort of auto-prompt to make an entry in the calendar whenever someone starts a new thread in that forum? That would probably increase usage and make the calendar more useful.

Two, the calendar itself is overly cluttered with birthdays so that it's hard to read the upcoming events. Are the birthdays really necessary?

Thanks for all the hard work on our behalf.

pax
Old August 12, 2001, 08:19 PM   #2
Gene Beasley

I like the birthdays (especially when the year is included). I guess you can't please everyone.

I agree that this (and the profiles in general) are not used enough or updated. I notice that since the conversion from the old board to this version, the location and other bio information (that were often free-texted in a common format) didn't propagate to the new fields. It's too bad there isn't a utility to parse those records. I like seeing where people are from, what they do, how old they are. It's really handy having some of that information in the name column of the post.

I'm just nosy.