The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 23, 2001, 04:34 PM   #1
Gary H

Stock Removal on Synthetic 1100

O.K., so I'm really dumb.

Once the recoil pad is removed, there is a large metal end-piece with a groove on the end. This end nut is hollow and I must assume that the interior of this end-nut is the recoil spring's playground. I thought that a large screwdriver into the groove and turn would remove this piece and with it the stock. Well, it didn't turn and I don't want to force it without making sure that this is what I want to do. How do you remove the stock?
Old June 24, 2001, 09:09 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Gary, you're on the right track but sometimes these retaining nuts can be a little stubborn to remove. Make sure your screwdriver fits the slot snugly. You may need a third hand here. I use a stock tool with a T-handle but you can probably have a friend hold the shotgun with the muzzle against a carpeted floor or other non-marring surface, insert your screwdriver and turn the driver with a wrench while applying pressure with your other hand. George
Old June 24, 2001, 09:55 AM   #3
Gary H

A wrench and some muscle took care of it. I just didn't want to put that much muscle until I was sure that I was on the right track.

I'm well on my way to installing a stock extension and pad.