The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 21, 2001, 01:30 PM   #1
Jeff Urso

I need a good ankle holster for a S&W 642 that will be used as a secondary duty weapon. Any suggestions??
Old March 21, 2001, 03:20 PM   #2
frbank6

Jeff,

The most commonly mentioned ankle holster that seems to work best for the most people is the Alessi. You can contact him directly over at the Gunspot.com board (he moderates the holster section)
Old March 21, 2001, 04:08 PM   #3
Coronach

Galco Ankle Glove

I have a 640 that rides on my ankle on-duty, and that holster is ROCK solid...it has not so much as BUDGED during foot chases, a few pig piles and associated silliness.

Mike

"True pacifism is the finest form of manliness. But if a man comes up to you and cuts your hand off, you don't just offer him the other one. Not if you want to go on playing the piano, you don't." -Sam Peckinpah

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein
Old March 21, 2001, 08:45 PM   #4
VictorLouis

Yeah, what Coronach said.

My Galco is a solid rig. After over three years of use, some of the Velcro 'fur' is beginnig to come unstiched from the neoprene band; but, it's not hurting anything at the moment.
Old March 21, 2001, 09:19 PM   #5
9x45

spend the $100 for the Alessi if you are serious....
Old March 22, 2001, 02:23 PM   #6
Jeff Urso

I was unable to access the holster section on the gunspot webpage. I emailed for information on the Alessi but got no response as of yet. Does anyone have a picture or any other info on the Alessi? Thanks.
Old March 23, 2001, 11:08 PM   #7
Joe 543

My 642 has riden in a "Renegade" for over 10 years.
When the time comes. If ever, I'll buy another.

$100. for an ankle holster. You've got to be kidding!

Joe
Old March 24, 2001, 02:11 AM   #8
Powermwt

Alessi holsters can be found at:
http://www.rfholsters.com/
$100 isn't much to pay if you have tried others and had your handgun fall out of them. MWT