The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 24, 2000, 03:33 PM   #1
VictorLouis

The bad: NO reference to the CCZ-75SA single-action(only) model.

The good: the CZ100 is now supplemented with a DA/SA version, the CZ110.

The gun is apparently set up like the Walther P99; but, its decocker was not visible in the picture. Having owned the 100, and shooting P99s in both .40 & 9mm, this new one 'should' put them on the map. For those of you who can stand JUST 10rds in the mag(.40 or 9mm), you'll get a gun that's smaller, lighter, cheaper to purchase, as accurate and with less muzzle flip(.40) than anything else in its class.

http://www.czub.cz
Old November 24, 2000, 04:56 PM   #2
railroader

I checked out CZ 75B DA/SA and the single action only version side by side this morning at a gun store that stocks both. The single action version has ambidextrious safeties and a plastic straight trigger. I must say the single action trigger pull was better on the DA/SA version then on the single action only version. The DA/SA seemed crisper. The single action only version seemed gritty and had about the same takeup as the DA/SA version. I was thinking of getting a single action only version because I just like that trigger type better. On these paticular 2 guns it didn't seem to be an advantage to get the SOA version since you can carry the DA/SA version cocked and locked anyway. If I get one now I'd have to go with the DA/SA version.
Old November 24, 2000, 06:10 PM   #3
VictorLouis

Great, can you advise if it looks just like its photo in the CZ catalog? The safety lever in the picture looks like the larger one found on the competition model. It's a lot bigger than the one found on the standard CZ-75.
Old November 24, 2000, 06:57 PM   #4
railroader

The safeties are bigger on SAO model. It looks like from the CZ-usa web site that it has the same safeties and trigger as the IPSC model. The finish was the same as the standard 75.

[Edited by railroader on 11-27-2000 at 03:43 PM]
Old November 25, 2000, 03:10 AM   #5
Destructo6

Looks like the CZ-110 just made my "must have" list.
Old November 25, 2000, 09:06 AM   #6
joegerardi

Now I'm gonna have to get one of those 110s also.

I had a CZ100. I sold it NIB because I just couldn't get used to that trigger. I've heard it described as "Trying to drag a piano over gravel" and that seems an excellent analogy. If the CZ110 has a better trigger, it'll get on my "must have" list too. It has excellent ergonomics, is great for CCW and the functionality is wonderful.

BTW: The Babe-ette in the left frame on that page has pretty excellent ergonomics, too!
Old November 27, 2000, 11:59 AM   #7
VonFatman

There were guns on CZ's site?