The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 9, 2011, 06:39 PM   #1
gilfo

20 ga buckshot ammo

Why is it that nobody sell 20 ga buck in anything but 5 rd boxes. I see 12 ga all over the place.
Old November 9, 2011, 08:33 PM   #2
jrothWA

12ga. is more comon for hunting and ..

also with law enforcement. That's why 25 rds boxes are more common but I have three boxes of 16ga buck and slugs from the 60/70's.
Old November 10, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Yeah, I wonder about that too especially since 20's are becoming more popular, especially among us older types and a lot of younger or smaller people like women and children.

A price break would result in more 20's being bought by some like me who haven't gotten into shotshell reloading.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old November 11, 2011, 09:08 AM   #4
columbia_shotguneer

I own a 20 gauge(full choke) and bought a heck of alot of federal 2 3/4 #3 buck so I have enough to get me through the years, afraid all 20 gauge buckshot would slowly vanish. I really got lucky my gun patterned it better than the federal 3 in. #2 buck. I would have been stuck with these and having to purchase the #2 buck after the fact. My father's new 20 gauge 870 patterns the #2 buck the best(modified choke). Just sharing my experence.