The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 29, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1
TheBigO

CZ 712 On Its Way--Deal or No Deal

OK- So I just ordered a CZ712, I am not a shotgun guy, I don’t own any that are not tactical models and will only use this a few times a year. Its paid for and in the mail so there is no turning back. There are a few charity clays shoots that I go to and that’s about it for its use every year. Will this be a good gun or a bust? Looking online there is a mix of opinions, but watching Tom Knapp shoot it was the deal maker! I am a sucker for those professional shooters.

What’s everyone’s feedback?
Old October 29, 2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Rugerismisticness

Honestly, there are many people who like them, but I think they don't even begin to compair to even the Rem1100s or Mossberg 930s. The quality just isn't there, they won't last as long as other guns.
Old October 29, 2011, 06:12 PM   #3
Bmanowske

I have a Huglu 601GA which is the parent factory to the CZ 712. Its an ok gun, just its a bit finacie! It shoots Nitro Mags fine and 3" shells good too! However light game and trap loads it won't cycle, or even eject the shell! From what I've read, they will if the gun is compleatly broke in! I have put about 200 shells threw it, and still the same. Parts on the other hand I've heard are hard to find, but CZ or TR imports might if you need anything! Good luck, and I hope you enjoy it!
Old October 29, 2011, 07:57 PM   #4
TheKlawMan

So what if it is finicky and not up to the standards of guns costing much more. so it needs more attention and maintenance. It doesn't sound like you will put a lot of rounds through it so enjoy it.
Old November 8, 2011, 12:03 AM   #5
TheBigO

Well here it is coming out of the box, Not bad feel looks to be decent for the price...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBigOlof1?feature=mhee

I will say that the one side looks really bare, only a tiny CZ proof mark on the gun.