The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 5, 2000, 03:44 PM   #1
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

Yes folks, you've heard of Weatherby Eye and Scope Eyebrow? Well, Schmit Ink introduces Tang Cheek. Tang Cheek, all that is needed is a Sharps patterened Rifle chambered in .45-110, a Long Range Tang Sight and a Semi-Buckhorn sight on barrel.

What you do folks is quite simple, fold down your Long Range Tang Sight... to the rear of course cause folding to the front obscures the Semi-Buckhorn sight. Chamber a .45-110, set the trigger, get a good cheek weld and apply pressure to the front trigger... it helps if this trigger is set at 3 - 5 ozs so as to always achieve a surprise break.

Nano-seconds after your surprise break you will have, YES... you guessed it... Tang Cheek. A nice semi-circular cut located almost centered on your cheek directly below your sighting in eye.

It is believed that Tang Cheek can be achieved with any firearm that allows the use of Long Range Tang Sights and is not necessarilly caliber dependent... though the larger calibers do perform this service better.

Call 1-800-OHH-S*IT, thats 1-800-644-7448!

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

[This message has been edited by Schmit (edited February 05, 2000).]
Old February 5, 2000, 04:25 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Did you hurt the sight, you brute?
Old February 6, 2000, 10:36 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

I guess this means that now I'll be forced to buy a 45-110 or 50-120 or... to validate this theory. One must have more than one study example in order to make such a bold statement.
Schmit, I'm beginning to think you have way too many cool toys and that they probably need a new climate (like here for example)
Old February 6, 2000, 10:53 AM   #4
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>think you have way too many cool toys[/quote]

No, not at all. Just a few select things. With 4 youngens still in the house I have to be extreamly critical of what firearm purchases are made. IMO I don't have enough toys.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"
Old February 7, 2000, 06:45 AM   #5
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Tang Cheek is related to M-203 Nose.
Which is something I saw happen a few times - but never got myself.
Painful leasons all.