The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 1, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Deja vu

how much velocity does a SBS loose?

how much velocity does a SBS (9-10 inch barrel) loose over a normal 18inch shot gun?

I am told that the length of the barrel does not matter (as much) in a shot gun as it does in a rifle, is that true? I know I will be loosing about 1/2 the barrel and in a rifle that would be a lot of velocity.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old January 1, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Sarge

I found this which might be helpful.
Old January 1, 2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Deja vu

that is good to know! If what my friend told me is true then shot should loose even less...

this makes me happy. I am really thinking about getting a SBS for home defense but I would like to try it for hunting as well (not as my primary shot gun that goes to my 870) just for fun.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...