The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 24, 2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Blacktail_Slayer

Remington Core Lokt Ultra Bonded Slugs

Anyone have the specs on these?
The Remington site does not have the trajectory, velocity, energy, etc.
I got my first slug gun last month and am comparing a large group of the leading slugs. As dorky as it sounds, I am making a spread sheet with the velocity at muzzel and at 100 yards, the energy at muzzel and 100 yards, the trajectory, the weight of the the slugs. I am sticking to the 2 3/4 inch rounds. I have directly compared identical make and model 2 3/4 vs 3 and the difference in what I am looking at is minimal.
I am also gathering a mass catalog of all the personal experiences and reviews from several different sites.
All that should narrow my choices down to 3 or 4 rounds, then tax refund gets here and I hit the range to decide which is for my gun.
Anyway, anyone have those specs on the Remington Core Lokt Utra Bonded slugs in 2 3/4" ?
Thanks
HOOAH!
Old December 24, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
pabuckslayer08

I dont have any specs or anything but do have a review of that no one from my little town shoots them anymore. Our local shop got around 50 boxs in and atleast 1 out of the 5 shot box they come in misfired in every box. They were junk. Called remington and they wouldnt even replace them, they sent gift certificates for like 75% of the cost of them