The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old April 21, 2010, 02:47 PM   #1
flight954

Rembushpul ACR

Well I finally got to handle a Basic ACR at the gunshow this past weekend and I was pretty impressed with the overall fit and finish. I can see why it took them 3 years to finally get it to market. The ergos are real nice although it's a tad heavier than the SCAR. I would love to shoot one to check out the trigger before slapping down $2K.
Old April 21, 2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Venom1956

I handled one about a month ago. I know a guy who knows some people. It is heavier then the SCAR-L but I does have its merits I'd be happy with either.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old April 21, 2010, 03:35 PM   #3
RT

I would prefer a SCAR especially for the price Bumhamster is currenly charging.
Old April 21, 2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Ridge_Runner_5

Considering you could buy a SCAR-L and an ACOG for it for the price of a similarly-equippied ACR, its hardly a tough choice...
Old April 21, 2010, 08:55 PM   #5
rjrivero

This months American Rifleman has a nice writeup on the ACR. It retains a lot of the Magpul design, but man is it pricey.
Old April 22, 2010, 12:36 PM   #6
Venom1956

oh wait I believe the ACR has a poly trigger assembly with a 'ARish' grip, Where as the SCAR I believe can accept any current after market AR grip. That was my one MAJOR issue between them. Personally they both excel in the one thing I wish the AR did better... stock ergonomics. The standard adjustable stock IMO leaves something to be desired, not that a nice after market one wouldn't solve the problem.

His suppressed FA UMP .45 was also awesome, That was wicked cool and even with the can it was shorter then either. Loved it.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug
Old April 22, 2010, 01:53 PM   #7
flight954

Quote:
His suppressed FA UMP .45 was also awesome, That was wicked cool and even with the can it was shorter then either
I was considering building a civilian USC/UMP conversion SBR for my next project. It ain't cheap
Old April 23, 2010, 04:00 PM   #8
RockyMtnTactical

I want a Magpul Masada, not a Bushmaster ACR. BIG DIFFERENCE!