The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 3, 2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Inspector3711

Winchester Model 275

My Dad just gave me a model 275 that he bought new way back when... It's been in his garage for a few years and has a litttle rust. I can't get the slide to open all the way but from what I see it doesn't look to be too rusty. i've got a feeling it's plugged up with sawdust.

Anyway, I've been searching online for a manual or an exploded view before I tear into it.

I can see already that the take down pin is plastic (looks deformed) so I'd like to know where I can get a steel replacement pin. Can anyone help me out?
Old April 4, 2010, 06:19 PM   #2
Inspector3711

Well I tore it down today. Looks pretty nice inside, better than I thought. I worked over the receiver, barrel, and magazine tube with flitz to wipe out most of the surface rust. Inside it was just short of pristine.

I cleaned the action and trigger group, then oiled it with some break free and reassembled it. Next I took the scope off (circa mid 1960's Weaver rimfire with tip-off mount) and cleaned the sawdust off of the objective lense. Then I cleaned the top of the receiver off and mounted the scope.

She's looking pretty good but the slide still isn't cycling like I expected it to. Maybe I need to run some ammo through it. I'll pick up some soon.

Still no luck with a manual and I'm wondering if there are even parts available for it....
Old April 4, 2010, 10:24 PM   #3
PetahW

Numrich shows 6 pages of parts, but no schematic:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=7393

Old April 5, 2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Inspector3711

Thats odd. I checked their site last night and it said that model had no parts available. Thanks! They do have an exploded view on one of the pages. I'll save the link.

I also sent an email to Bob's Gun Parts in Arkansas that has parts for that and my Grandpas old Marlin 336 RC that I just got. I need a rear sight elevator and the correct lever screw for it. So far they haven't emailed me back.

Has anyone dealt with Bob's before?