The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old October 13, 2009, 10:33 PM   #1
jwalker497

AR15 style stock for Mini-14

I am looking for an AR15 style stock as a direct drop-in, no fitting required, replacement for my mini 14. I love the feel of the more tacticial AR but cannot justify buying a whole new rifle, when all I want to change is the stock. I was hoping a few of you experts might give me some ideas or places to buy such a thing if it exists. I think I have a special interest in collapsible stocks as opposed to fixed or folding.

So where can I buy a tactical AR15 style collapsible stock as a direct drop in (no adjustment needed) to my mini 14? Thanks in advance.
Old October 13, 2009, 11:22 PM   #2
bshefa

TAPCO makes one. You can get one from www.cheaperthandirt.com
However, I do recommend removing their crappy top rail and replacing it with your original dust cover. It is really only good for
flashlights as it will NOT stay true for any optics.
Old October 14, 2009, 12:25 PM   #3
precision_shooter

I've also ordered a few items from www.combatstocks.com and they usually have the best prices and quick shipping. For the stock in question it's $12 cheaper than "cheaper than dirt"...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Old October 14, 2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Skans

The Sage stock (SCAR QCB) is the best tactical stock for the Mini-14. It's expensive as heck and hard to justify for a Mini-14. It's all milled alluminum (no plastic) and the action fits very tightly in the stock. It comes with a collapsible stock, but it's very easy to put any variety of folding stocks on it.

Here's a picture of my AC556 in a Sage stock:

I don't know if I'd spend the money on a Mini-14, but I'm glad I got one for my AC556. It's easy to add a forward grip, and it makes the gun much more controlable.