The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 8, 2009, 12:08 PM   #1
balazona

Norinco M37 Tactical Shotgun

Does anyone here has this chinese made shotgun?please share ur reviews.
Old August 8, 2009, 06:10 PM   #2
oldcspsarge

They are a copy of the original Ithaca 37 but have added a trigger disconnector so you can't slam fire it unless you remove that feature.

Not up to Ithaca quality but functionally reliable for 1/2 the $$$.
Old August 8, 2009, 08:08 PM   #3
ranburr

I sold a dozen of these and every single one came back with the same broken weld.
Old August 8, 2009, 08:09 PM   #4
MAX100

Here is my take on the Hawk M37 and what I know. They are very well made utility tactical shotgun just like the other shotguns Hawk Ind. makes: H&R Pardner Pump & 981 & 982.

I owned one and use to sale them when they were available. I would like to own one again.

Model 37, The first imported - GRS Then they added a bead sight model and model #s went like this.

Model 371 - Bead Sight
Model 372 - GRS

*Made of all harden steel with a thick heavy receiver.
*All machined steel parts NO MIM parts
*Nice simple steel Ghost Ring Sights same as the ones on the Hawk 982 which most like, very durable.
*Parkerized Finish
*Fit & finish "very" good - It's a Utility Tactical not a pretty Wing shooter. It's made to take a beating.
*Stock is very nice as you see by the picture below very thick & durable. Not thin and hollow sounding like the plastic stocks that come on the more expensive & cheap shotguns today. Built for durability. As you can see nothing poor fitting about the stock design.
*Steel heat shield
*Duel charging bars.
*Nice durable machined aluminum trigger guard
*Bottom eject
* Very close copy of the Ithaca 37, stocks and such will fit, some might need a little fitting.
*Reliability is excellent on most guns. The Model 37 design can have feed problems. Mine was very reliable and never had a single feed issue.

The Hawk Model 37 or 372. Nice looking & well made and a heck of deal. Ithaca M37 shotguns cost a lot and you won't find one with a nice set of GRS.

As you can see the Fit & finish is very good and the stock is nice & well made. The stock comfortable and the drop is right on for a bead sight or GRS.

A look at the the GRS on the Hawk Model 37 & Hawk 982 shotguns. They are simple well made.

I wish I had never sold mine.

GC