The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 2, 2009, 11:17 PM   #1
fixxervi6

What rings for Bushnell Trophy

I have a 2-6 x 32 bushnell trophy, it didn't come with the right paperwork, the directions are for a different scope all together.

I looked on their website but can't find which rings I'm suppose to use, installing it on a 454 Taurus scope mount, but for the life of me can't figure out which rings to use, 30 mm?
Old March 3, 2009, 08:19 AM   #2
Doyle

You need 1" rings. However, if you use full power loads with that 454 and your Trophy scope, there is no guarantee that the scope will last. Pistols receive FAR more violent recoil shock than a rifle does of the same caliber (the old physics thing). Any scope on a big-bore pistol has to be built extra strong. While the Bushnell Trophy scopes aren't bad scopes, they are only middle of the road at best. You might get lucky and not shoot it apart - but I wouldn't count on it.
Old March 3, 2009, 09:42 AM   #3
fixxervi6

Crud, I hope it holds up, says its shock proof and all that so I guess I'm putting it to the test.

I shoot 300 grainers with 30 grains of 296 under them.
Old April 17, 2009, 01:12 PM   #4
recoil freak

1" Rings not 30mm. I own this scope and have it mounted on a 454. The best rings I have found for all my big boomers are the Weaver Quad Locks