The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 15, 2008, 10:35 PM   #1
stanken72

Location: Ohio born & bred. In N.E. Ohio good area for pheasant & turkey.
Laurona-Eibar 20 Gauge double barrel

Got a chance to own this beautiful black chrome double barrel wlanut stock shotgun. The gun was made in Spian but also has Sears-Roebuck stamped after the gun-maker's name. I wonder if they knew what they had??

I'm trying to get a value on the gun, I don't want to pay thru the nose but willing to be fair with the owner. Anyone have an idea how much it may be worth?

The model # is: Laurona-Eibar (Spain) Mod.153 #512360, 2-3/4" shells.
Old November 16, 2008, 12:42 PM   #2
johnbt

Look at page 656 for Laurona SxS boxlocks. Prices run in the $300 to $500 range. They were discontinued in '78. The serial number is from Sears and I can't find a cross reference list that gives the Laurona model number.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QK3...sult#PPA656,M1

I suppose you could be looking at a sidelock and more money, but I'm guessing Sears sold the less expensive boxlocks.

John
Old November 17, 2008, 12:17 AM   #3
stanken72

Location: Ohio born & bred. In N.E. Ohio good area for pheasant & turkey.

Thanks, for some reason couldn't find the model number in the books I found in the local library. Now I know where I stand value wise I'll find out if I truly want to own it after I try out firing it.

Appreciate the help.
Old December 1, 2008, 12:08 AM   #4
juliusc

got lucky

found mine 2 days ago at a local pawn shop paid $161.00 +tax. it was priced so well I couldn't let it go. From looking on gunsamerica.com a decent double barrel 20 ga would go for like $565-595, i don't remember the exact price i saw, but it was something close to that.