The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 16, 2008, 06:26 PM   #1
HenryBowman

Best Nylon Drop-Leg Holster?

I have looked at several different makes, but have had no experience with any of them. Anyone have any recommendations?

I will be using this mostly around the homestead and in the woods around the place.

HB
Old July 16, 2008, 06:38 PM   #2
AK103K

High Speed Gear has the best I've ever used. It uses a mesh saddle with a bungie loaded strap that gives with your thigh muscle. Its very comfortable. Never to tight or to loose. It adjusts as you move.

The model I had had a flap, which I prefer. Keeps all the trash out.

http://www.hsgi.us/products.asp?cat=14

Old July 17, 2008, 01:31 PM   #3
HenryBowman

Thanks AK,

Anyone else have any experience with High Speed? Looks pretty good, maybe I'll give them a try.

HB
Old July 25, 2008, 12:09 AM   #4
2ndchance

I own three drop holsters.

I like the Blackhawk Omega VI holster the best. This is my latest and the best value... read on. WARNING: Unless you are 4 Feet tall, you're gonna need the Drop Leg Extender for $10. Gives an extra much needed 5". Comes with the paratrooper strap. The leg straps are elastic and replaceable. They also are quickAlthough I bought it for the glock 19/23, it fits all 7 of my guns. With the extender, it retails for $95. However, there is a guy on eBay and sells them for CHEAP. I bought mine for $25 delivered, and bought my extender from a local shop for $10. The seller ID is discountblackhawk Heck, that is a $70 savings! Can't beat that!

My 2nd favorite is my oldest. The Bianchi Cobra holster with the modular leg accessory panel. Cost me $120 for the set. I actually bought a 2nd leg accessory panel so I can carry mags on the other leg. The best thing about this one, is that I can adjust it to fit the gun alone, or with a tactical light. The adjustments allow for a snug fit with either option. The only disadvantage is that the leg straps are NOT elastic. That's because the leg straps are part of the retention for accessories, but not the holster. So, I may buy some Blackhawk straps and put it on this one. I really like this Bianchi Cobra.

In last place is the Safariland ALS. It was also the most expensive @ $150 I'm a big fan of Kydex (or other molded products) so I went with this one. However, after having it for a month I felt I needed something with greater flexibility. This can only fit one specific gun. Unfortunately, I chose a holster with tactical light. If I choose not to use the tactical light, it doesn't secure the gun properly.