The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 4, 2007, 09:29 AM   #1
darko

Problems with cheaperthandirt??

About two and a half weeks ago I ordered a holster from cheaperthandirt.com, by phone, but changed my mind and called them back maybe five minutes after placing the order to cancel. They said no problem and that it was all taken care of. Several days later and still no refund posted to my bank account, (although it did show the charge.) So I called back and they said that the guy I talked to the first time failed to show it as a refund and had just put a hold on the order. Again they said no problem, the refund would be completed and should post to my account in a few days. So I give it until the following week and still no refund. I call back. They say that they made a mistake and would process my refund immediately and that I should see the money post to my account within two days. That was last wednesday and still nothing!!! Has anyone else had a problem with these folks or am I just the lucky fellow who gets into this situation??

28:06:42:12
Old September 4, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Trapper L

Yours isn't first I've heard of and there was a post around June this year here at the Firing Line about them. Might want to do a search. The good news is for that post, one of the head honchos at CTD saw it and took care of the issue immediately. While I'm not the guy out any money, you might just see what happens before throwing them under the bus. They are a big company and handle tons of transactions. Things can get messed up and sometimes even though the right intentions are there, it stays messed up longer than it should. Hope this all works out for you.
Old September 4, 2007, 11:01 AM   #3
357 Python

Call your bank and check to see if they have sent funds to CTD. If they haven't order a stop payment. Then call CTD and inform them that the funds will not be coming their way and to remove you from their list. I bought products from them and it wasn't what they presented. I haven't bought from them since. If the funds have been tranfered tell CTD that they have till close of business on Friday or Monday you will be consulting an attorney.
Old September 4, 2007, 11:56 AM   #4
pogo2

Comment on CTD

There was a time about 2 years ago when I bought most of my ammo by mail order from CTD. They had very competitive pricing and deals on shipping, such as free shipping for orders over $150.

But then at one point they seemed to do a 180 degree turn on ammo pricing policies, and their ammo and shipping pricing jumped up considerably. I found myself switching my purchases to Natchez, Walmart, and others, based on price. Now it has been about 2 years since I bought ammo from them, even though I check their pricing frequently.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old September 4, 2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Manedwolf

I stopped ordering from them after their website said that the shipping to NH for a $17 item under 1lb would be $19.

Let's see...um...no.
Old September 8, 2007, 06:26 PM   #6
gandog56

I was just checking powder prices at CTD. Let's just say they weren't "Cheaper" than about 4-5 other places I checked.
Old September 15, 2007, 08:58 PM   #7
Johnywinslow

I ordered a case of 762x54R 880 rds of NAGANT ammo brass case , what i got was a case if 762x54R bi metal case LPS ammo. I admit what they sent me was more expensive then what i ordered, but the bi-metal case stickes very bad in my M39. so I didnt recieve what i ordered but they screwed themselvs on the price thing so...Its even i guess! I will not be ordering from them agin!
Old September 20, 2007, 02:06 AM   #8
2cooltoolz

My experience has been that they make up any lower prices with shipping (and a surcharge for ammunition!)