The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 3, 2007, 08:43 PM   #1
Officer's Match

Family Range Time = Big Smiles

Spent some quality range time with my wife, 19 year old daughter, 17 year old son & several of my favorite pistols. Burned roughly 500 rounds and spun the heck out of a metallic spinner target.

Shot the Combat Elite 45acp, the Officer's Match 45acp (sparingly), the Delta Elite 10mm, and my PT92 9mm.

Of note:

-None of the family had any trouble handling the 10mm, including some fairly decent 170gr JHP loads. It did register the only failure of the day - one FTF on a magazine I didn't load myself, which my daughter was shooting. Could have been limpwristed.

-I had forgotten how sweet a shooter that Taurus is. I could actually hit the steel easier with that one than either of the two Colts when I backed up to about 45-50 yards (by then I'd already put the Officer's Match away - it would definitely excelled there).

Everybody agrees we need to do this more.
Old September 3, 2007, 08:48 PM   #2
kristop64089

I can't wait till my kids can join my wife and I.