The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old July 4, 2007, 09:49 AM   #1
jbirdhaffield

Rifle Basix trigger system

I have read a ton of positive forums and negative forums about these triggers. I just ordered one going by my buddies experience hoping I made the right choice. Can anyone tell me what there experience is with them. I ordered the L-1 for the Remington 700. The negaitve forums I have read are from 2004. Hopefully, Rifle Basix have improved there triggers since then. If I get enough negative results I am not going to open package. I will send it back and buy a Timney which is right around the same price. Thanks
Old July 4, 2007, 10:18 AM   #2
srtrax

Sorry, have not used the Basix, but i have installed lord, probbly over 25 or better of the Timney, and have never had anyone bring one back or complain about it! There is half of what you asked for...
Old July 4, 2007, 12:13 PM   #3
Trapper L

I have one on my Remington 308 that I bought. It was a J Bolt model and I can't stand the J Bolt. I put all new guts in the bolt but the trigger was still horrible- for a Remington. The Rifle Basix trigger was fairly straight forward on the install. Mine required the original trigger pins to be sanded down and hand fitted to the action/new trigger housing. It took about an hour to do. A drill and 400 grit sandpaper is helpful. Also, if yours requires taking the saftety from the original trigger and installing it on the new one- take PICTURES- LOTS OF PICTURES. These will come in handy- I guarantee it. So do I like it? Yepper, and if I ever need a good trigger on a varmint type rifle it will have a Rifle Basix. It gives a predictable 2lb, crisp trigger- what else could you ask for?
Old July 4, 2007, 10:57 PM   #4
stevelyn

I haven't used the Rifle Basix, but I have the JARD.
All I can say is awesome.

I'm will to bet that any of the reputeable after-market trigger manufacturers make their triggers many times better than the best stock triggers out there.

East Moose. Wear Wolf.
Old July 4, 2007, 11:46 PM   #5
Rimrod

I have two Rifle Basics on 700Vs, I like them and am planning on buying a couple more.
Old July 5, 2007, 10:12 AM   #6
srtrax

I'm will to bet that any of the reputeable after-market trigger manufacturers make their triggers many times better than the best stock triggers out there.

Well said!
Old July 6, 2007, 06:55 PM   #7
jbirdhaffield

Rifle Basix Trigger

Thanks for the advice and opinions. Has anyone else had the same problems TrapperL had? I hope this was just a learning operator error and not true for all the J bolt styles beacuse I have the J bolt safety system on my gun. Please keep the comments, opinions, and advice coming I really appreciate it.
Old July 9, 2007, 08:25 PM   #8
mattro

I have a rifel basix trigger in a 17hmr marlin bolt. The trigger is a cantankerous POS. I sent it to the manufacturer (a guy) and he worked on it and sent it back to me. Still had problems. Now, about half the time I cycle the bolt, it drops without touching the trigger. There has to be better out there.
Old July 9, 2007, 08:45 PM   #9
jbirdhaffield

Rifle Basix

Got the Rifle Basix trigger put into my Remington 700 and must say, "WOW"! If anyone has any questions whether they should get it or not well don't waste your time thinking, buy one. It is awesome and it is very consistant and crisp. Now I'll take my stock trigger and do my own job on it for another future rifle. Rifle Basix trigger system is a great product. The quality, looks, lightness, crispness, ect... It was easy to install especially when I have never opened a gun before. Don't waste your money on a $225 Jewell when you can have a $100 diamond!
P.S. I had a question for them when I was installing the trigger and they walked me through my small problem on the phone. Hands down there service was the best I've ever delt with. Just ask for Bob (owner).
Old July 9, 2007, 09:02 PM   #10
Ken O

I put the Basix 2 in a Savage match rifle I built for 1000 yard competions. I adjusted it to break at 14 oz, and is consistant. I am real happy with it, no problem installing, but it does take time. It came with a DVD and I just did one step at a time.
I have used it in many competitions and can recommend it.
Ken Orris
Old July 10, 2007, 02:07 PM   #11
Rimrod

Quote:
I have a rifel basix trigger in a 17hmr marlin bolt. The trigger is a cantankerous POS.
I put one in a Marlin rimfire bolt action too (81TS). I've had no problems with it and it was easy to install, and it is an improvement over the factory trigger.