The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 16, 2007, 10:15 PM   #1
wayne huff

nylon 66 help

I need help too. The handle bolt is broken and I need to know how it comes out. I have ordered a new one from Brownells and need to get the old one out.I;m Not sure what it is called but the part you pull back on to cock the rifle.thanks wayne huff [email protected]
Old January 16, 2007, 10:40 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

Bolt handle. This isn't going to help much, but it won't hurt to have either. http://stevespages.com/pdf/remington_66.pdf
It appears that you'll have to take the bolt out to get the handle out. There are other postings here about disassembling a 66 that should help you more. Just be advised that they're a nuisance to get back together.
Old January 16, 2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Dave Haven

If you can grip what's left of the bolt handle with a pair of needle-nose pliers, you can pull it out. If not, you'll have to remove the bolt to remove the bolt handle "stub".
The bolt handle is retained by the recoil spring plunger.
Other than the inner magazine tube, the bolt handle is the first part removed during disassembly, and the last part installed during assembly.