The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 22, 2006, 07:30 PM   #1
Radiki

NOVA Classes for shotguns and carbines

I was wondering if anyone in the Northern Virginia area knows of any good classes to go to about shotguns and carbine use. Since I don't really hunt the only time I shoot in standing in a lane at a range and although I can hit what I am aiming at, if the time comes where I have to use them, I doubt the BG will be stand still 15 feet from me with good lighting. I am willing to travel a little, but I would like it to be a day trip, maybe a weekend. I am just trying to improve my skills overall instead of focusing on one aspect of them. All I am getting now is ?qualified? advice from others at the range. Any ideas? Anyone go to the NRA for classes and if so any you would reccomend

Thanks
Mike
Old January 22, 2006, 07:56 PM   #2
USNavy_233

I sent my "quasi-gun hater" wife to a NRA first steps pistol course with Mike Wilson in Alexandria. She was impressed by how well he taught and she actually enjoys shooting with me now. I'd recommend him.

Mike Wilson
Alexandria, VA 22304
Phone: 703.751.6696
Email: [email protected]
NRA Classified Master shooter; NRA Life member; NRA Certified Instructor on Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection, Shotshell reloading, Metallic Cartridge Reloading, Range Safety Officer, Muzzleloading Pistol, Muzzleloading Rifle, and Muzzleloading Shotgun; NRA Certified Pistol Coach; NRA Certified High Power Rifle Coach; NRA Certified Range Safety Officer; State of Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor