The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 11, 1999, 06:05 PM   #1
GuyM

Does anybody know how to completely disassemble and reassemble a Browning BDM or where a manual can be obtained with the information? The owners manual shows field stripping only.

Old March 12, 1999, 01:30 AM   #2
TEX

I don't know where you would get a manual. I own two of them. I had a trigger job done on one and when it turned out pretty good, I took the other back to have the same work done, and the smith said he would never touch one again. Said that they were a bitch to reassemble and really need severl specialized jigs or tools to be done on a regular basis. Because I found the finish lack (in rust prevention) I though about having one of them hard chromed with a brushed finished. Two of the bigger companies I talked two wanted nothing to do with the BDM. I have though about taking one apart while video taping it, since I have another fully assembled one to compare it to, but I never gotten around to it as I have been smitten by the Glock product of late. If you do find good instrtuctions on complete disassembly, please post the resource here in the future. BTW, I broke a firing pin on mine dry firing it. I always use a snap cap now and have a spare pin on hand. Good Luck
Old March 12, 1999, 10:02 AM   #3
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

You can contact Browning for a manual. I would think they still have them and would be willing to give you one. George
Old March 13, 1999, 09:26 AM   #4
GuyM

Browning was my first stop. They said the only thing they had was the owners manual which only covers field stripping.

Like Tex said, all those little parts in the trigger assembly appear that they would be a bitch to get back together. I figure there has got to be a right way to do it, but I haven't found it yet.