The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 15, 2005, 10:30 PM   #1
AndrewTB

Did I get the right stuff?

OK ok im new. This is probably my 90 millionth question. So I helped my mom buy ammo today at wal mart. Im pretty sure I picked the right stuff but want to confirm before we shoot it. I got some Winchester White Box 135 grain 9mm Luger for my moms XD-9. As for me I decided to buy some .45 ACP ammo. So will the .45 Auto do it? Im certain its the right thing but want to make sure before I fired it out of whatever im going to rent. All are FMJ. Please let me know. Going the the range sunday .
Old September 15, 2005, 10:56 PM   #2
boing

It's not uncommon for rental ranges to require that you use their own ammo to fire in their rental guns. They typically have an agreement for compensation in the event their ammo supplier blows up one of their rental guns.

That aside, any gun chambered for .45 ACP or .45 Auto will shoot your .45 Auto Winchester whitebox.

I don't think Winchester makes a 9mm whitebox round in 135 gr. I've never seen it, and I don't see it on their website. Are you sure it isn't 115 gr?
Old September 15, 2005, 11:10 PM   #3
AndrewTB

Oops its 115 not 135 . Thanks for pointing that out. Ill more likley wait to shoot the .45 till my birthday comes . If my luck serves me right ill get the P345 I asked for
Old September 15, 2005, 11:34 PM   #4
CarbineCaleb

Quote:
It's not uncommon for rental ranges to require that you use their own ammo to fire in their rental guns. They typically have an agreement for compensation in the event their ammo supplier blows up one of their rental guns.
That's been my experience too.
Old September 15, 2005, 11:47 PM   #5
yorec

Same experience here...

By the way - when you actually reach that 90 millionth question mark... You'll be far from new here anymore.

And that P345 will be worn out!