The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 13, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1
thechipster

from-the-factory combination for a Cannon QuickSafe

I bought a Cannon QuickSafe Gun Box 6 or 7 years ago and I have now forgotten the combination. I don't think I ever changed it from the default. Does anyone know what the combination was from the factory (I am obviously assuming they are all the same).

Thanks.
Old August 14, 2005, 12:33 AM   #2
Leibster

thechipster

I'll PM you instructions.

--Leibster
Old August 14, 2005, 12:35 AM   #3
MillCreek

Could you send me the PM as well? I forgot my combination, although I am sure I changed it from the factory default. This is the safe with the numbered pushbuttons on top and a lever that you twist, correct? Since that is what I have.

MillCreek
Snohomish County, Washington USA
Old August 14, 2005, 12:38 AM   #4
Leibster

PM Sent--to both of you!
Old October 29, 2005, 08:21 PM   #5
a100

Could you email me also!

I also lost my combination to a 7 year old Cannon pistol safe that I never actually used (still in the box). Could you send me the factory combination also?

Thanks
Old October 29, 2005, 09:04 PM   #6
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Just a suggestion here guys. I have a Sentry safe that requires both a key and electronic combination. On most of these safes, there is a factory code that will override any combination and unlock the safe. I wrote it down, wrapped a spare key with it, and have it taped to a very secret and secure place in my house. I also made sure that both my sister and nephew know where that is in the event something would happen to me. You don't want your family finding out the hard way just how hard safe cracking is .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old October 29, 2005, 10:22 PM   #7
LHB1

Leibster,
These are all new posters except for Millcreek. For that matter, so are you. Do you know them personally? How do you know they aren't fishing for information to use in breaking into other people's safes? Do you think it is wise to tell a stranger how to get into a safe?

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

ps: For everyone that has a safe you can't get into. Why not take it to the place where you bought it and let them open it for you?
Old October 29, 2005, 11:50 PM   #8
jeff_troop

no way should you guys be giving out info like this. let the person contact the safe company.
gonna tell them how to make meth next
Old October 29, 2005, 11:53 PM   #9
MillCreek

Well, it turns out that I had changed mine from the default combination, so that did not help me very much. And of course, I cannot remember what I changed it to. Good thing it is empty. So I wonder if I took it to a locksmith, if they could open it inexpensively and non-destructively? I had just assumed that I was pretty much up the creek. As for taking it back, that gunshop went out of business many years ago. I am not even sure it is a Cannon, since it has no brand name on it.

PS: I am reminded of one time several years ago, when I changed the combination on a small office safe, carefully following the owners' manual, and could not get it to close and latch. I lugged all 90 pounds of it into the locksmith, and in about 45 seconds, they fixed the problem. They also showed me that since the door was open and would not close, all I had to do was lift the door off the hinges and just bring them the door with the dial mechanism, instead of lugging in the whole safe. I am sure they just busted a gut laughing as soon as I left.....

MillCreek
Snohomish County, Washington USA
Old October 30, 2005, 12:02 AM   #10
jeff_troop

millcreek contact the safe manufacturer. i don't see how the gunshop would be of any use to you any.
Old November 1, 2005, 05:23 PM   #11
2ksportny

CAPT CHARLIE: What version of the sentry safe do you have? Can it be bolted to the floor? I am looking into getting a safe as you described but can not find one?

Aren't we all.....
Old November 1, 2005, 05:51 PM   #12
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

2ksportny

Can't remember the model (I'm at work), but it's a mid-size, maybe 2 foot square and about 100 pounds. Yes, they can (and should) be bolted to the floor. There are 4 soft steel plugs in the bottom that have to be drilled out, and lag screws are screwed down from the inside into a floor joyce. Sentry recommends you bolt it in such a position that nothing around it can be used as a fulcrum to pry on the door (not that that would be easy anyhow). Sentry safes are sold at a lot of major hardware stores. I know Lowe's carrys a full line.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie