The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 10, 2005, 08:15 PM   #1
catfish333

Geco-Sportbuchse Mod. 23

I have one of the aforementioned rifles I am trying find out the approximate value of for a friend. It is in remarkable condition given its probable age. It has what appears to be normal wear and tear on the wooden surfaces and very minimal surface rust on the metal. There are no deep gouges or cracks in the wood. It is a single shot .22 caliber. On the left side of the barrel by the action is stamped 'Gustav Genschow & Co. Berlin'. Also on the left side midways down the barrel is stamped 'Original Geco Sportbucshe Mod. 23'. The serial # 2358 is stamped on the underside of the barrel just in front of the forearm. Any info will be immensely appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Geco-Sportbuchse Model 23.jpg (220.1 KB, 260 views)
Old August 11, 2005, 12:21 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

A typical German sporting .22 of the 1920-1930 period, it would have been the equivalent of a Winchester Model 67. There is some collector interest, but it is really a shooter, and should be a very good one. I would estimate the value at $200-250 in the condition described.

Jim