The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old June 21, 2005, 10:31 PM   #1
CarbineCaleb

A caution on bear

For those of you planning on taking a bear this fall, all I can say, is to stay alert, because some of them have taken up shooting sports!
Old June 21, 2005, 11:15 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm. Looks like Yogi's got good taste in handguns. Bet those cost him a lot 'o pickanic baskets.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old June 22, 2005, 06:03 PM   #3
CarbineCaleb

Yep, I think he raided half of Jellystone to pay for those babies. I am a little worried about what's come over Yogi lately though - think he's getting a little too wrapped up in this cowboy action stuff... I overheard him say this to Mr. Ranger this afternoon :
http://www.triviatribute.com/sounds/clinteastwood2a.wav
Old June 22, 2005, 06:19 PM   #4
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm. Couldn't access the site. Big 'ol FORBIDDEN came up instead. Anyhow, it seems to me that Yogi's going to have to develop a better grip on those hoglegs, and maybe work on his Weaver stance?

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie