The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 1, 2002, 09:30 PM   #1
butchb243

Goose gun

I remember an add from an old catalog that my mother kept by her chair for many years. I think it was a Wards catalog, & the add was for a goose gun that fired either 7 or 9 22lr barrels at the same time. I'm not sure but I think it was a Quackenbush , Did it ever exist or am I dreaming?

Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands!

Save your confederate money boys the south is gonna rise again!
Old August 1, 2002, 10:32 PM   #2
Jim Watson

The one I remember seeing an old catalog cut for was a Pieper (Belgium) with seven barrels on a rolling block action with seven firing pins to fire all barrels simultaneously. Available in .22 and maybe .32 rimfire.
Old August 2, 2002, 08:37 AM   #3
SDC

I've seen the same sort of thing Jim has; a 7-shot 22 RF volley-gun that Pieper called the "701 Mitrailleuse" ("machine-gun"); in the one I looked at, the cartridges were held in a metal disk akin to a speedloader, which could be lined up and dropped into the chambers, then the action closed with a lever integral to the trigger-guard.