The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old December 9, 1998, 07:50 AM   #1
KJE

Has any one out thear had any experiance with this rifle? I am told that it is a out of the box tack driver.Most acurate AR out thear? thanks. KJE
Old December 10, 1998, 11:53 AM   #2
Noel

K-

I got to shoot one that belonged to another student at Thunder Ranch last year. We were shooting at 300 yard at a standard pepper popper steel target. The TacE rifle was boring to shoot, hits were routine by all shooters who used it. I put a 20 round magazine through it and got 19 hits. My miss was my fault, and I was trying head shots on the target because the center mass shots were so boring. I never shot groups with the rifle, so in ultimate accuracy I can't say. My other observation is I would not want to carry it very far.

Noel
Old December 11, 1998, 09:59 AM   #3
KJE

NOEL Thanks for the reply.That sounds good to me.I just bought one of these rifles but it won't stop raining long enough to shoot it! What kind of ammo were you using?
Old December 11, 1998, 05:10 PM   #4
Noel

K-

It was 55g ball, I can't remember the twist rate on that rifle, but it had a 12x leuopld scope with the bipod. It shot great but was heavy and unwieldy. The student who owned it did not use it in the house clearing drills. I hope yours shoots good for you!

Noel