The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 17, 2002, 10:35 AM   #1
Richard

Mitch Rosen, What do You Think?

Rosen Holsters, am I the only one that has had bad luck with them? I bought a tuckable model for a Kahr E9 that allows you to stuck your shirt in and that hides the handgun. I have a very good belt and I have tried every method I have heard of, including the Snake Oil Rosen sells, and all has been to no avail. When you draw the holster comes out of your pants along with the handgun. I have tried for one year to break in this POS.

I also have a pocket holster for a S&W J Frame. Guess What? You are right. It comes out of your pocket with the holster. I have an Uncle Mike's, cost $8, it works.

What is with this legend in his own mind and the gun writers who rave about his products? Yes, I feel better now!

Regards,

Richard
Old March 17, 2002, 10:40 AM   #2
Richard

I should have added I own a lot of holsters by various makers and they work. Rosen's don't for me. Regards, Richard
Old March 17, 2002, 12:32 PM   #3
RH Factor

Me Too!
I have a open top paddle holster for my Sig 239....I've tried and tried to loosen this thing up alittle with no luck(tried putting a plastic baggie on the gun before holstering it, then leaving it holstered for a few days).
Every time I try to pull the gun from the holster ..Everything comes with it...the holster and my shirt. I have a Galco paddle for the same gun with a retention strap and don't have this problem at all.
Does anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
RH Factor
Old March 17, 2002, 01:21 PM   #4
Billy Sparks

I have three of Mitch Rosen's holster. All of them took a little to break in but they work for me. Of course when I broke them in I put the gun in a plastic grocery bag and wrapped it up. Then I put it in the holster and left it for about a week every couple of days I would pull it out of the holster and reinsert it. On a similar vein I have two Krammer holster one is fine the other one is way too tight.
Old March 17, 2002, 04:53 PM   #5
Schmit
Staff Alumnus

I've had a ARG, SOS and two belts for over 6 years. The ARG and SOS took some breaking in (i.e. sitting there with the leather, lubing up the gun with Leather Lightning and sticking the gun in and out while watching TV) but they have always worked find for me since.

Since getting the ARG I haven't bought another holster.

"Notoriety is fleeting,
Anonymity is forever!"
Old March 17, 2002, 06:25 PM   #6
blades67

So far it looks like you're the only one.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old March 18, 2002, 01:25 PM   #7
Erich

I just won't buy Rosen's stuff because when I called him to order a Workman, he was a jerk. Who knows, maybe he was having a bad day. I figured, hey, you don't want my money and you want to act like that . . . vafancul, as my grandfather would've said.
Old March 18, 2002, 07:47 PM   #8
Nakano

I have one of Rosens vertical light holders for the Surefire 6P from many years ago. Has held up quite well over the years. Didn' t need a breakin period at all. Perhaps his leather lightning lube that he sells as an accessory is the key?

In any case, you may want to send the holster(s) back to him for evaluation.

Nakano
Old March 19, 2002, 03:52 PM   #9
leadbutt

i have three of his holsters two of the ones that fit between the pant and the belt and one of his pocket type, had a hard time getting ot to release , too with out it coming out, I finally coated the inside of all three with Mil-Tec and let dry out for two days and now they work great. By the way He acted like he didn't want to be bother about them will i called also, actualy got the hint about using Mil-Tec from one of Kramers phone reps when i order his Paddle for my Sig