The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 15, 2011, 10:35 AM   #1
pax

Holster show coming March 20th at FAS - women only - bring a friend!

Holsters and Carry Methods
For Women Only!

Date: Sunday, March 20th
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Cost: $20
Place: The Firearms Academy of Seattle (near Chehalis, WA)
Who can come: Women interested in concealed carry. You do not need to be an FAS alumni in order to attend.
Bring: Sack lunch, current holster or carry method(s) to show others, and a friend

Women, if you're having a hard time finding a holster or carry method that's right for you, this is the place to be on March 20th! Kathy Jackson, Editor of Concealed Carry Magazine and author of The Cornered Cat: A Woman's Guide to Concealed Carry, will be at FAS from 10 am to 3 pm to discuss all aspects of concealed carry gear with women. This all-day, hands on seminar features lots of choices, with a practical and realistic understanding of the challenges women face when we decide to carry a firearm.

Tired of seeing the same flimsy, lousy, or unworkable holsters at your local gun shop or gun show? Come on out and learn where to find the good stuff!

Wondering whether on online company really makes good products? Come get your hands on gear from dozens of makers, including Crossbreed, High Noon, Galco, Coronado Leather, Don Hume, Safariland, Blade Tech, Side Guard, Discreet Carry, Dale Fricke, Custom Carry Concepts, and more!

Looking for a truly attractive purse designed for safe and discreet carry? Come see what's available (and get an honest, no-holds-barred rundown of the good, the bad, and the ugly)!

Interested in exploring the most efficient draw from your alternative carry device? Come and learn how to use your carry method to best advantage -- safely, efficiently, and effectively.

We will have literally hundreds of holsters and carry methods available for you to see, handle, and even try on for yourself, including
  • belt holsters
  • shoulder holsters
  • ankle holsters
  • belly bands
  • pocket holsters
  • compression shirt holsters
  • purses
  • waist packs
  • skirt holsters
  • bra holsters
  • and more!

We will discuss clothing selection, how to adapt your current wardrobe for concealed carry, holster safety, and much more. Every participant will have an opportunity to sample various carry methods for herself, using inert dummy guns to learn and practice the draw from various devices.

Note: no holsters will be sold at this event. This is an educational seminar designed to help you become a savvy and informed holster shopper, with a good idea of what's available and an opportunity to compare notes with other women who have been there & done that.

Questions? Contact Kathy Jackson - pax "at" corneredcat "dot" com

Hope to see you there!
Old March 20, 2011, 03:13 PM   #2
ClayInTx

Curses! Foiled again!

Darn that short mini-skirt. They spotted my rolled up pants and wouldn’t let me in. And why must the color of combat boots match my purse?
Old March 23, 2011, 11:35 AM   #3
27Veer

If I were in the N West I wouod get my wife there as fast as I could.