The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 7, 2001, 01:50 AM   #1
45automan

Hey guys I want a shoulder rig for my SIG 220. Now I looked at Galco Miami Classic and SS 2 models. They are pretty expensive at $150 or so. The wide straps of the SS 2 seem to be better than the thinner one of the Miami Classic. My Sig is not all that heavy loaded. It's a lot lighter than my 1911 is. The guy at the shop let me try them both on and they both felt good. I brought my SIG and tried it out in both of them. The SS2 has a slant to it. The Miami Classic has a straight horizantal draw. The guy at the shop said the Miami Classic digs in with it's 1" wide straps. The Sig is not that heavy.I like the Miami Holster better than the SS2. I like the straps of the SS2 better than the Miami Classic based on what the guy said. Does anyone have one of these holsters? Do they work well once they are adjusted right. Can I get an SS2 rig with a Miami Classic holster?
Old February 7, 2001, 01:59 AM   #2
deanf

I used a Miami Classic with my S&W 4576 a few years back. 4576 is steel frame, as I recall, so it's a little heavyer that the P220.

It was a great holster. Perfectly balanced (as long as you carry two mags in the pouch.) I was never uncomfortable in it.
Old February 8, 2001, 01:15 PM   #3
wyatt

45Automan, You mentioned the Galco SS2 having a slant to the holster position. From the catalog I believe the only difference is the wider strap. the " Jackass " model does however have a slant, along with suede leather shoulder straps. I have the Miami classic for my Beretta 92fs and wonder if the " Jackass " version would conceal this relatively longer gun better. Galco has a nice catalog however they charge $8 for it , maybe your dealer has a copy you can view. Wyatt
Old February 8, 2001, 02:07 PM   #4
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

This post belongs in the Gear and Accessories Forum. Check for replies there.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/foru....php?forumid=7
Old February 8, 2001, 08:11 PM   #5
schlickenmeyer

Try Pistol Packaging in Minnesota (sorry, I don't have the number handy). I have one for my 226, and I love it.
Old February 9, 2001, 07:17 PM   #6
sigman226

I have a Sig220 and I bougt a VIKING. They are a company out of MEXICO, it is a exact copy of the JACKSS RIG from GALCO. It comes in tan only, but can be bought out of CHEAPER THEN DIRT (mailorder) for about $69.00. It is a great rig!
Old February 9, 2001, 10:05 PM   #7
Javahed

We offer two shoulder holsters made by Blackhawk. The first is the

Concealed Shoulder Holster
Designed to be worn concealed with a horizontal draw. Fits most standard autos and has a Talon-Flex insert to stiffen the body of the holster for quick efficient drawing and reholstering. Kit comes complete with double mag pouch, shoulder harness, holster and belt securing attachments. Thumb break is fully adjustable for custom fit to multiple weapons.

the second is the Angle Draw Shoulder Holster Comes standard with automatic dual mag pouch, fully ambidextrous, one size fits most autos, fully adjustable, and dual retention thumb break.

Hope this helps.
As always, we offer 20% off to police, active and prior military, EMS and S&R.

Dan
Old February 11, 2001, 04:35 PM   #8
D-Ray

Shoulder Rig

Can't go wrong with Galco. Very well made stuff. I also have a Sig P220, and you definately want wide shoulder straps.