The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 4, 2007, 02:16 AM   #1
Dead-Nuts-Zero

MidwayUSA - What's up ?

I have bought from MidwayUSA for a few years and can't be happier, however my last few orders have been a little strange in how the pricing is determined.

They offer several "special pricing" periods and when I fill my cart, I get prices that don't match yesterdays price or last weeks price. Not always up, some prices go down. I don't mean lead so much as that is going up all the time, but when 500 9mm bullets go up or down by almost 10 bucks from one day to the next? And seems that I have had to call them to place an order on Monday because the prices were changing as I filled my cart over the weekend. They always honor the lowest price, because I had printed it out as proof. Their Cust. Ser. has always be good to me but seems I am talking to them way too much lately. They are still a good company and I will continue to order atleast once a month or more. But it ain't easy keepin track of prices.

I think perhaps they are having growing pains. What are your thoughts???
Old August 4, 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

My viewpoint is the market on metals has been so volatile the past 3 years that it's finally catching up on affecting companies that deal with it. I believe I'm in the minority here, but I think most reputable companies have honestly tried to keep their prices down and stable. That hasn't appeared to work as of lately. So, they have no choice but to buy in smaller quantities and price each batch accordinly.

I could be off base, but thank the higher ups that practically give other countries our raw materials...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting