View Single Post
Old January 7, 2008, 05:50 PM   #8
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I would be afraid of having to explain that in the aftermath of a defense event. If I had time to put on a vest, and the foresight to have one, why didn't I just leave?
Great, another person more worried about a possible aftermath and dealing with the cops than actually worried about the life or death situation of protecting themselves and their families. I wasn't aware of there being any laws anywhere in CONUS that said if you had time to prepare that you should just leave. I cannot fathom how having an item that is so purely defensive (they only stop incoming rounds) would be so much concern, but having a gun that would or could project force on another isn't. After all, if you have time to grab a gun and shoot a home invader, don't you have time to leave?

Where you live, are you allowed to make use of available cover, or do you not do that as well because if you have that sort of time, you have time to leave? Do you get to grab a flashlight, or is that considered too much preparation as well?

I am guessing that because of the prepared/leave issue, you don't check bumps in the night, or if you do, you do it without anything other than just a firearm. Would that be correct?

Contrary to popular myth, the first rule of a gun fight is not to have a gun, but to survive the fight. Survival and protection of life should be all that truly matters. Worry more about that than the issue of answering questions in the aftermath. If you fail the first part, you may not be alive to answer questions in the aftermath.

-----------
We have two vests. They have been used primarily for checking bumps in the night.

Page generated in 0.04485 seconds with 8 queries