View Single Post
Old January 7, 2008, 04:57 PM   #5
FM12

Hi, Dr. S, an interesting question. I have several vests, but I'm a career LEO also. I dont keep a vest in the house, but usually have one in my vehicles, especially mypersonal pick-up, along with a raid jacket or marked t shirt to id myself. I try to always ready for bad happenings, or if needed to assist another LEO. I travel I-65 in Alabama a lot, and always watch out for Troopers, etc that have vehicles stopped along the interstate.

For home protection, or even street protection, Mas Ayoob once wrote an article about a vest that fits into a "fanny-pacK" type application, worn around the waist and crammed into the front pocket. The vest can be pulled out and a strap fits over your head to secure it...seems it had a "POLICE" emblem on it.

Might be a little bulky, I've never seen one. BUT...certainly worth a look, if you think you might need it.

Mas hangs out here occasionaly, maybe he'll weigh in!

I'm always interested in the posters here and other forums where the poster says he carries a main sd gun, a back-up, two knives, a cell phone, a whistle and mace, a stun-gun and four extra magazines...then "NO", I never consider body-armor. Oh, well.

I always enjoy your posts, BTW. I'd love to meet you and some of those you've mentioned, such as Lee Jurras, et al.

Last edited by FM12; January 7, 2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: addtl info

Page generated in 0.02901 seconds with 8 queries