View Single Post
Old January 7, 2008, 10:17 AM   #2
jfrey123

Quote:
Everyone spends their money on guns
But coach always told me that a strong offense is the best defense...

Personally haven't spend the cash for a vest. The only time I feel a civilian would need a vest is during a Katrina type situation, where normal people are thrust into practical war zones. I don't think I'd have time to don a vest during a potential home invasion. And the risk of being in a SHTF scenario during daily life is relatively low, so I don't see the point of wearing the vest as part of every day dress.

For the others:

With the mace, I'm too worried about being attacked on a windy day and ending up with a face full of it myself rather than putting it on the BG.

If I have time to properly fit a pair of ear plugs before an engagement, then I probably had time to retreat with me and mine. When Mr. BG comes up wanting my wallet or girlfriend's womanly features, I doubt he'll give me time to protect our hearing.

I don't deal with tasers either, since the data I've read based on real world deployment suggests a lack of consistency.

Mama invested in my key item for self/home defense: she put a good head on my shoulders.

Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 8 queries