View Single Post
Old February 4, 2009, 06:29 PM   #21
vranasaurus

He is clearly an anti government zealot and blight on the reputation of gun owners.

I am a Soldier and it saddens me that he was a Soldier. The Army has no place for people like him. I am surprised his shenanigans, including a convictin for illegally carrying a weapon, hacking a government server, and recruiting members of his unit for his extremist group, were tolerated for so long. This is just an example of someone falling through the cracks of the system. Thankfully he no longer serves in the Army. I don't know the final characterization of his current discharge. When a service member is separated for misconduct AR 135-178 requires that the discharge be characterized as under other than honorable unless a Soldier's record is so meritorious that such a discharge would not be appropriate. His record deserves no such consideration.

As wildalaska put it, don't be blinded by the gunwoobie. This guy was not a law abiding responsible gun owner and he does not eserve our support.

I am sure there are cases where the government doesn't do right in a criminal prosecution but this is not one of those cases.

Page generated in 0.03065 seconds with 9 queries