View Single Post
Old August 23, 2005, 01:15 PM   #5
arover2

One story that has been around the forums, and gunsmith shops in my state, about Remingtons repair and warranty centers, is that when firearms are sent back to Remington for warranty repair, they contract out the warranty repair work, to selected independent gunsmith shops.
Outsourcing it's called. And it seems to be hit and miss if the repairs are correctly done. Many come back with the same problem.
One owner of a new model 7400 that jammed on the first shot, then repeatedly jammed, sent his back. It took over eight weeks, and when returned they had changed the butt stock with an older one with obvious dings, dents and scratches. Clearly it was from an older different 7400. When the rifle was taken out test fire it, it continued to jam as before.
These continued stories about Remington that get around, need to be addressed officiallly by them. Winchester, Ruger and others just don't have these repeated scenarios being told.
I own Remington firearms. Over the years I have purchased and still have eight Model 700's in different calibers and models. I have two Remington .22 rifles, and one Model 1100, one 870, and a Model 760.
All purchased from the 1970 through the early 80's.

Last edited by arover2; August 23, 2005 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Page generated in 0.03167 seconds with 8 queries