View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 10:11 AM   #9
Rolller

i'm pretty new to idpa. in fact next month will be my 3rd match. after my first match i was dissapointed with my reloads.(i'm new to idpa but not shooting) so i spent some time practicing and at my second match i was really pleased. it may sound dumb but practice really makes a difference(duh)

here is how i did it: i have a gas powered air soft gun that is modeled after a glock 19 ( my competition gun) i charged both mags with gas and loaded the first into the pistol. i released the slide and fired (just gas) at my target, the slide locked back. i ejected the first and inserted the other mag from my belt, released the slide and fired. i continued this for the remaining charges on both mags(around 80 cycles) i felt that i was gianing expertise with several skills at once, of course reloads, but also sight picture reacquisiton, grip and trigger finger, and weak hand position. not to mention general dexterity with my fire arm.

i am very far from knowing ANY thing about idpa but i personally feel that practice with a gas powered airsoft gun can be helpful. my g19 and airsoft replica have alot in common but also have many differences. i dont feel airsoft replaces range time in any way but it can be a good supplement.

Page generated in 0.03140 seconds with 8 queries